How To Keep Your Jewellery Clean
Jewellery is a little luxury you can enjoy every day and there are some habits you can get into to help keep it looking beautiful.
Your favourite Desiderate pieces are special to you and we love that you enjoy them. Use these tips to keep it looking like you just bought it!
Here are some tips on how to keep your jewellery clean.
- Remove your jewellery and rings when doing things like housework and gardening.
- Avoid swimming in your jewellery, especially in chlorinated pools.
- Always put your jewellery on last when you are getting ready to go out. Apply your perfume, moisturiser, makeup and hair product before your put on your jewellery.
- After wearing your jewellery, wipe it over with a soft cloth and store each piece separately in a soft pouch, like the one your Desiderate jewellery comes in. This will prevent the pieces scratching against each other or getting tangled up and also protects it from dust.
- You can clean your jewellery in a solution of warm water and mild detergent and brush over the jewellery with a soft toothbrush, then rinse thoroughly with clean water.
If you want a close look at our Inca Rose Set (above) click here > http://www.desiderate.com.au/product/inca-rose-set/
We recommend using a silver cloth to polish your silver jewellery and keep it shiny and untarnished. Try Desiderate Ultrasoft Silver Jewellery Cleaning Cloth.
See more of our unique handcrafted silver here > http://www.desiderate.com.au/product-category/premium-silver-collection/
Pearls are amazing .. so timeless! Get sparkling pearls with vegetable oil. Because pearls are so fragile they should be treated gently. Dab some oil on a soft cloth and rub each pearl separately with it and buff it off to remove the dust which can make them look dull over time. The best way to care for your pearls is to wear them regularly – oils from your skin add a gentle luster. You can also wash them with water, remember they were born in the ocean!
You want to see more modern takes on pearl jewellery? > http://www.desiderate.com.au/product-category/pearls/
If you have any questions about the best way to care for your Desiderate jewellery please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org